08 March 2016
Magic Fruit Cuts
- Tripod (very important!)
- cutting board, knife, fruits/vegetables
- Printed image of a strawberry
- 2 helpful friends
- Adobe Primeier Pro
How it’s done:
- Set the camera on the tripod and make sure it's not moving.
- One of the helpful friends is responsible for clicking the record/pause button on the camera.
- Start recording, when a magic need to happen, tell the friend to pause the camera, while the other helpful friend is responsible for replacing the objects in the frame.
- It is very important that someone else will swap the changing objects, so you move your hands as little as possible between each shot.
- After all the recordings are done, choose you favourite editing software to cut, connect and insert audio.
- I used Adobe Premier, and there are many tutorials for that online.
- I also speeded most video parts to play at X2 speed, and added music I found on the free music archive.
- To hide the video cuts, which were very noticeable, I added the "ding" sound on each switch.
- I changed the strawberries color using the "paint bucket" effect in Premiere, described here